Wrestling Revolution

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Glitch
Huntman
6 posters

Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star?

Huntman
    Huntman

Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star? Empty Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star?

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:13 pm

We all know of Jeff's recent arrest.

Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star? Hardy_story

Good mugshot. Back on topic.

Over the years Jeff has had his ups and his downs. One would be missing WrestleMania, but a up would be winning the World Heavyweight championship. His mic skills aren't killer, but what he is willing to do is. Jeff is the only wrestler that has some talent in the ring, that puts his body on the line. From the first TLC matches to the ladder matches. Jeff is willing to push his body over the limit to complete one goal. That goal may be a championship or to prove someone wrong.

However the drugs are killing him. He got fired from the WWE for drugs the first time around. Taken out for 30 days for drugs. He needs to stop taking the drugs. He has had so many chances to redeem himself, but drugs. I'm not trying to sound like McGruff, but dude. He needs to stop.

Onto his history. Jeff and his brother, Matt Hardy, started out wrestling in their backyards. They opened a company called OMEGA with such superstars as Shannon Moore, Lita, Joey Mercury, Gregory Helms, and even a legend that goes by the name of Steve Corino. Plus many more. Later on they were signed to the WWF as jobbers. The Hardyz are easily one of the best tag teams to go down in wrestling history. When they broke up Jeff saw that chance to prove everyone he could hold his own. There was that famous Jeff Hardy Vs The Undertaker ladder match. One of the greatest forms of respect. To have you arm risen by the Undertaker would be a honor and Jeff got that honor.

With that being said. It didn't take long for Jeff to be fired for drug use, refusal to go to rehab, and no-showing. It was a down-moment for Hardy, but he went on to Ring of Honor (RoH) which wasn't the best. He debuted with a mask and jacket, but it wasn't long before those were taken off. Letting the crowd see who he really was. The fans began chanting against Jeff. They disliked Jeff, but they wanted Matt. After that short run, Jeff was signed by a new, up, and coming company. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).

Jeff had a great run in TNA for such a short time. He gave Abyss a swanton bomb to remember. Now despite the fact he never won any titles in TNA and was fired from there. He still left a impact. With the help of Abyss, Rhino, and Raven. They helped make TNA extreme. Which isn't the likely hood today for TNA, but this is about Jeff. Come around 2006 Jeff was released from TNA and went on to the WWE.

Jeff debuted on RAW against current WWE Champion, Edge. He called Edge out to a match and behold. He won the match against Edge. It wasn't long before Hardy won the Intercontinental Championship. He later went on to losing the title, but on ECW he teamed with his brother, Matt.

It was ECW against the FBI. The first time the Hardyz teamed in almost 5 years. The Brothers went on to winning the World Tag Team Championship. The Brothers proved they were back and become a full time team. The Hardyz lost the titles, but that didn't stop them. Jeff went on to become a Main Eventer.

It was around 2007 Jeff Hardy started bumping into the main event status. He went on to feud against one of the top men in wrestling today, Triple H. There was no doubt about it. Jeff was getting a great push. Sure he didn't win any main event titles in 2008, but towards the end in 2008 he did. 2009 is what I like to call "The Smackdown Era of Jeff Hardy"

Jeff was drafted Smackdown, parting ways with his brother. He was still in the main event status as he got title shots against Edge. Triple H and Jeff got in another feud. Leading up to a Triple Threat match at Armageddon. Triple H and Edge lost that night. Letting Jeff Hardy leave the arena, WWE Champion. He went off to having a feud with Edge, however many odd things happened to Jeff. His fireworks went off at the wrong time, he was in a hit and run. It wasn't until the Royal Rumble that Jeff learned who was behind it all. Matt Hardy.

Because of Matt, Jeff lost his title. The two brothers had engaged in the feud. During the whole feud. Matt had the upper hand in all of the matches. Matt beat Jeff at WrestleMania in a Extreme Rules match. Matt won again at Backlash in a I Quit match. The feud split off and Jeff went onto win the title from Edge again at WWE's PPV Extreme Rules. Within minutes of winning, CM Punk ran down to the ring, briefcase, and won the title.

CM Punk and Jeff Hardy had a great feud. Over the time it marked Punk's heel turn and Jeff's downfall. The feud ended on Smackdown in a steel cage match. Stating that if Jeff lost. He would leave the WWE. And sure thing. Jeff lost. It lead to Jeff being able to take time off. Jeff Hardy had a neck injury, two herniated discs in his lower back, and was suffering from Restless legs syndrome. After his release Jeff Hardy was arrested.

Now the question to you is. Will Jeff Hardy rebound from the arrest or will it just lead on to a downfall for Jeff Hardy?
    Glitch
    Glitch

Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star? Empty Re: Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star?

Post by Glitch Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:19 pm

I really think it will lead to the downfall of Jeff Hardy to be honest with you. What's he gonna do? HOW is any professional wrestling organization going to be able to trust him? He got arrested with possession of drugs almost immediately after leaving the WWE.. I dunno'.. I think he's just a washed up drug addict.
    Havok
    Havok

Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star? Empty Re: Jeff Hardy: Burnout or Shinning Star?

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 pm

No matter what, the fact that he was arrested on possible drug trafficking will hurt any chance of getting in a Mainstream American promotion.

He has had it all handed to him lately in WWE, and to be honest I don't think he deserved it either way, but that is my opinion. To be a Heavyweight Champion, then leave and the next week get arrested for this not only hurts Hardy, but damages the WWE.

They should of just pushed the right Hardy.
    Sheavy!
    Sheavy!
    Admin

Post by Sheavy! Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Havok wrote:No matter what, the fact that he was arrested on possible drug trafficking will hurt any chance of getting in a Mainstream American promotion.

He has had it all handed to him lately in WWE, and to be honest I don't think he deserved it either way, but that is my opinion. To be a Heavyweight Champion, then leave and the next week get arrested for this not only hurts Hardy, but damages the WWE.

They should of just pushed the right Hardy.

Exactly. Matt is the better wrestler overall, and definitely is the better Hardy as far as mic skills - just look at his Angelic Diablo promos. All Jeff does is talk in a monotone and jump around like a retard. If anything, Matt should of been the one with the title around his waist... I guess they just see it another way.
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:36 pm

I agree. Personally I think it is unfair that Matt hasn't been pushed. He never gets arrested, shows up, and isn't a druggie.

Maybe WWE will learn.
    Havok
    Havok

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Matt had this mega heel push on the way, then lost it all of a sudden and went face again. Makes no sense.
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:43 pm

I think it is because of that broken arm.

You wouldn't have a lot of things to do with a one armed Hardy.
    Havok
    Havok

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:49 pm

He was still around the whole time though.

Plus, Bob Orton wore a cast for years.
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:50 pm

He had like 3 matches before having to take time off to remove it.

I followed his Twitter...alot.
    Havok
    Havok

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Back on topic.

Jeff deserves every thing he will get.
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm just going to say this. Many a superstars have been arrested. Stone Cold, Andre The Giant, and Big Show.

Look at them now. Well...except for Andre.
    Glitch
    Glitch

Post by Glitch Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Did Stone Cold or Big Show get arrested for trafficking drugs after coming off the heels of being a World Champion?
    Havok
    Havok

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Yeah, but drugs are something WWE have a 'policy' over, so Jeffs arrest shamed the company.

When it comes to Austin, the WWE doesn't have a random 'beat your wife' tests in effect.
    Sheavy!
    Sheavy!
    Admin

Post by Sheavy! Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Big Show got arrested for indecent exposure. Razz
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Yet....yet.

Andre was arrested for attacking a cameraman..on live TV...

Live. TV.
    Havok
    Havok

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Andre was a beast, it helped his gimmick in a time when wrestling needed media attention.

Jeffs just made people go on with further bullshit about wrestlers.
    Hushi
    Hushi

Post by Hushi Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm

I for one used to be a huge Jeff Hardy fan until he was in the same spot as Triple H, the dude is good, but not THAT good, he's just another John Cena, getting pushed because the 7 year olds like him. The day he won the WWE Title was the day I hated him, his mic skills are pitiful at best, and all he can do is jump. And now what did he do, get his ass arrested, now I for one can't have any respect for the dude anymore after his arrest,
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Let us take a look at WWE.

CM Punk lost to the Undertaker because of a dress code mess-up...

Yeah.
    Havok
    Havok

Post by Havok Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Hoping the CM Punk thing is just internet rumors again, because if that's true then I'm going to boycott the ever-weening Undertaker he is becoming.
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:18 pm

It is true. JR said it was because of a dress code violation.
    Sheavy!
    Sheavy!
    Admin

Post by Sheavy! Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm

I haven't heard about this dress code violation.. Someone clear this up for me? Embarassed
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Started with

In an update to the earlier report of an incident involving CM Punk from the recent overseas tour, it is being said the incident involved the Undertaker confronting CM Punk. The report noted that this might not be exactly how the incident transpired but this is how it was told.

The Undertaker took issue with CM Punk's appearance during the European tour and told him he needs to dress more appropriate for a World Champion and that he is representing WWE overseas. Punk's response was, "what about John Cena?"

The conversation got back to WWE management and they took it as if CM Punk feels he is a bigger star than John Cena is. The decision was then made to strip Punk of the title at last night's Hell In A Cell PPV and make it an opener.

The incident and Punk losing the title has been the talk of the SmackDown locker room over the weekend. Majority of those from the SmackDown brand were under the impression that Undertaker would win and there are some who are wondering why someone who works a limited schedule and has health issues was given the title and that it was too early to take the belt off CM Punk.

The current plan is for the Undertaker to start a program with Batista.

and then JR
    Crazy email....CM Punk lost the World's Title because of a "dress code" violation. Please, stop the pain.
    Sheavy!
    Sheavy!
    Admin

Post by Sheavy! Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:09 pm

I think Punk was genuinely just by saying "what about John Cena?". But this seems foolish.. I hope it's just a rumour.
    Glitch
    Glitch

Post by Glitch Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:10 pm

WWE just gets worse and worse.
    Huntman
    Huntman

Post by Huntman Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Sheavy! wrote:I think Punk was genuinely just by saying "what about John Cena?". But this seems foolish.. I hope it's just a rumour.

The Cena thing was a rumor.

The dress code wasn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:08 am